Sunday, June 7, 2009

Yeah for Summer Fun!!

Yeah for Summer!!
It's finally here! Well, not technically but, we're out of school, so it's summer for us.

First stop: Target

Look at all the great stuff we got in the dollar section. Buckets, bubbles, pails, sand tools, squirt guns, pool toys, beach balls and can't forget candy.

We're almost ready. Now we've got to get our summer bag packed and loaded in the car. The little league equipment just came out. Time to load a washable sturdy bag with water bombs, beach tools, goggles, snacks, etc. Everything for a quick trip to the pool or beach.

One problem: The weather! Ugh!

Everyone keeps telling me it's just June Gloom. No. It's too cold.

So, my poor kids, we can't go to the beach or the pool, and the free movies haven't even started yet. We are having a little bit of a slow start to our summer fun. That's o.k, though, we are always so buys it's kinda nice to slow down.

Oh yeah, here's a little something I've been working on. They are so much fun once you get the hang of it. I am totally addicted. I've made so many I've just about run out of crepe paper. Obviously I need to get better lighting at my work station but, I think you can see how adorable they are.

Have a super summer.

4 comments:

Elyse said...

hi! you sound just like i do -- stocking up with goodies for summer. we have 2 weeks left of school and then i hope all of this rain will stop. we have a pretty pond in our town and we spend much of our summer weekdays there. time for me to stock up at target, too! i love to get pixie sticks, too!

happy pre-summer! you're all set.

xo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That is one of my fave things to do!!!! I have four little ones and summer is the best! I am so grateful for my giveaway present and I thank-you ever so much! Blessings and light,
Amy

Unknown said...

Those are some super summer goodies! Love the pink thingies!

Congrats to your very lucky winner in the earlier post! :)

LaurieStar said...

Don't ya just love the Target dollar spot? I just posted about it last week - I have all these cute bins and buckets from there. I love the colors. It's rainy here this week - I hope it gets summery for you soon! :)