Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tussie Mussies

I have always been enamored by Tussie Mussies (or cones).
I love them.
I have always wanted to make them.
I finally did!!

First, I was inspired by Halloween. I love this German Silver Glitter.I added a vintage Chandelier crystal to the bottom and some velvet ribbon and a chenille stem.

Then, of course I had to make a pink fru-fru one.

I took a piece of vintage floral wallpaper and framed it in this premade silver frame.
I think it turned out sweet. I had to line the back edges with velvet ribbon because they stick out away from the cone and you could see the glue.
I didn't want any nasty bits showing.
I accented my Tussie Mussie with some vintage lace, vintage velvet flowers, and vintage rhinestone chain. Voila!!
I don't know why I waited so long. These were so quick and easy.
I guess sometimes we make things seem bigger in our heads than they really are.
If there is something you've been wanting to do for a while, do it!!
You'll probably be surprised at how great it works out.
Have a super weekend,
Cari

5 comments:

Elyse said...

hey cari!

your tussie mussies are so pretty! the top one is very cool but you know me, i love the pink one! beautiful job and very inspiring!!!

xo

caroline joy said...

I must have been living under a rock because I've never heard the term tussie mussies (I am a newbie tho ;) Those are so great. I can picture a bunch of them hanging from a Christmas tree. Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Cari-
Just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I'm so thrilled that we are partners for the Sweet and Sinister Swap. :) AND, I LOVE your music...the Keira Knightley version of P & P is my very fave movie.
xoxo
Cristina

LaurieStar said...

These really came out cute. I'm glad you finally did them. It feels good to finally get around to certain things you've always wanted to!

Jan Thomason said...

i adore these! you're a natural - they're both amazing, but, that pink one is calling me!

xoxo