Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to School

Well, summer is officially over for me. Boo hoo!!!
Three of my babies went back to school yesterday.

Despite the look on my sons face, he is actually pretty excited to be there.
I got super duper lucky this year and got 2 of the most amazing Elementary school teachers ever!! My youngest daughter also got a rockin Jr. High schedule. All the classes she wanted and one of her best friends in EVERY class.
But, boy am I going to miss those crazy kids while their at school.
But, we had lots of fun this summer.
Here's a peak:
This is where we spent MOST of our time, even though it hasn't been anywhere near as hot as our summers usually are.


We spent tons of time here too. Disneyland is our favorite place and our one GIANT splurge during this time of doing without so many other things. We really love visiting the old cartoon room. Check it out if you get a chance. It's on Main Street, and it's a great way to wait out the crowd when a parade ends.


This was the other place we spent a lot of our time this summer. We usually go to Corona Del Mar with Daddy. But, this year I took the kids to the Balboa Pier area. More Boys!! Hey, that's a big consideration when you have a 16 year old girl. The lifeguards would put up a sign with arrows, and on one side were the "Skimboarders" and the other side "Swimmers". We would sit right on the line so the little ones can play on the waters edge and my oldest could check out the hotties at the same time. Everyone was happy!! (Which is really rare!)
We also did lots of "Free Movie Tuesdays"
Well, that's a wrap on our summer adventures.
We did lots of fun stuff but the best part was just being with the kids.
Now, on to crafting un-interrupted!!

7 comments:

Lori said...

i am hoping that when my kids go back to school i will be more motivated to craft more...i have been so lazy this summer!!!

Elyse said...

hi cari,

first of all, i LOVED the comment you left me. it was a riot! :)

my boys return to school on 9/1. i have such mixed feelings. the nice lazy days at the beach vs. the busy routine and homework.

although crafty time is a gooooood thing!

xo

Birds of a Feather said...

Thanks sweetie! I love your blog, the necklace(?) in your header is beautiful! I love that staples commercial that plays "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." so funny. Sad though that summer is coming to an end. Looking forward to some more structure in my days ~ for creating!

xo H

shabbyscraps said...

Wow, back to scholl already! My kiddos still have 2 more weeks off. Looks like you have had a fabulous summer though!
xoxo, Tiffany

Harley Dee said...

I know back to school time can be bittersweet. But I'm glad they got good teachers!

Thanks for the blog post about the swap, I really appreciate it.

Oh, and I won't be getting the HK necklace. Not with that price tag! Lol! :)

caroline joy said...

I thought we went back early (we start next Thursday)! Wish we had a beach to go to, but the mountains will do fine. Hit Winter Park yesterday. The chillier mountain temps reminded me that fall is not too far off...

Miss Sharepoint said...

Thank you for beiing you