Sunday, December 7, 2008

Loving the Unique

I just read Pam garrisons blog about her coffee filter garland. (which is absolutely wonderful!!)
It struck me to the core because she is so amazingly wonderful and yet still concerned about whether her creations were appealing or not. It makes me feel a little better about my insecurities. (I mean, I'm no Pam Garrison or anything) but still.
Here's a garland I made last year, got the idea from a red, white, and blue garland.
It reminds me of a time when I was shopping for ornaments with my mom and at the bottom of a bin was a beat up old Santa ornament. He was all chipped and looked so vintage. My mom just couldn't understand why I would buy a broken ornament. All I could see was his charm.
I'm lucky that most of the time my family totally gets it. But, there are times where they kind of turn their head slightly and look puzzled when I show them something. It is a little disheartening. But, because of places like this, and all of these wonderful artists posting their beautiful thoughts, it gives us the determination to push past our own fears and create.
Thank you all!!
check out the link to http://pamgarrison.typepad.com/

No comments: