Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy July!!

I just wanted to make a quick post to show you all my very first ever ATC.
(Artist trading card for those of you new to this like me.)
I made this card for a swap. I'm in this amazing group, Marie Antoinette Mail Art, put together by the most amazing Cassandra. Unfortunately I missed the deadline for posting a picture of it. That's o.k, though. I'll just get the next one in on time. I just wanted to share it with everyone. The challenge was to make a Marie Antoinette themed ATC using this color palette. It was so much fun. It was the first time I've ever sewed ribbon onto a card too. I made the bow 3-d and added vintage Miriam Haskell pearl accents. I hope you like how it turned out. I do.
Thanks for looking.
Talk to you soon,
Cari

7 comments:

TattingChic said...

Oh, she's a beauty! Wow! Your first! That is very nice. I hope my first turns out half as nice when I decide to jump in the ATC ring! :)

Lori said...

that is lovely!!! you did a beautiful job on your ATC, you look like a pro:)

Elyse said...

beautiful! i have never made an ATC. maybe one day a swap will motivate me.

happy 4th!

xo

LaurieStar said...

Well - it's beautiful and looks like you've been doing them for a long time! I love it.

overthetopstudios said...

Beautiful, your a natural. By the way love your site. Thanks for adding me to your blog list. I will add you to mine :)
Amada

Natasha Burns said...

Wow your first? It's beautiful! I'd love to see your tenth if this is how great your first is!!

Jenn said...

Oh, its bbbbeeeeaaaattttiiiifffuuulll! Nice work!